Our Work » EDUCATION
United Way Success By 6®
Volunteer Steering Committees
United Way Success By 6 is a volunteer-based coalition of child care experts and community members passionate about improving early childhood education. Our local Steering Committees are the backbone of the coalition, helping guide our support of child care centers in northern New Jersey.
Click here for a listing of our Steering Committee members across the region.
Local Steering Committees meet on a monthly basis. Each committee is led by a volunteer chair and has a staff manager. Broad activities include:
Research and Planning:
- Review community needs and services available
- Create a strategic plan for desired community outcomes
Community Impact Investment:
- Review requests for program funding and recommend appropriate investments in community programs
- Initiate collaborations and new programs as appropriate
Measurement and Reporting:
- Measure our progress toward the desired community outcomes.
- Report progress to the community
- Be a spokesperson for United Way
- Recommend public policy positions to the Board
If you are interested in joining a Steering Committee in your area, contact the staff members below:
Sussex and Warren Counties
Suburban Essex, Morris, and Somerset Counties